Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome

I have been looking at different blogs for a couple of years now. Some are good, some not so good. Some have frequent updates others languish for months without an entry. I hope to take some of the good and leave the rest as I feel my way through the blog-o-verse. I guess I want to do this to chronicle some of my gaming adventures. I will leave the real-life adventures for another blog.

Gamer cred: Started with red-box D&D but maybe not because I threw the box away after I opened it! A blue cover book with a dragon on the front. From there moved onto Middle Earth Role Playing, Champions, Traveller. I even went to a week long residential D&D camp! Around high school there was this hot new company that made some awesome figures (big, chunky bits!) called Games Workshop (is that copyright infringement?) Got into the fantasy pretty heavy, I played the elves, Kris had the dwarves, Paul had chaos and Matt played humans (?) I don't think that there was 40k at that time. After I graduated high school I joined a RPG group at the university and we played some D&D but I really don't remember all that much as I only attended a couple of times and I was more interested in girls and illicit substances at that time! At that point my gaming tapered off and died.
Pick it back up some years later when I happened to see Warhammer Quest at the local game store (in Boulder, CO). Life had settled a little for me as I had a kid on the way at the time so me and babymomma played Warhammer Quest a lot along with a new-fangled card game called Magic: The Gathering. All that slowed down when I decided to go back to college and actually get a degree in something other than girls and booze.
Fast forward a couple of years to 2006 when Paul introduced me to Warmachine. Instantly hooked. Liked the small model count, like the sculpts, liked the fluff. At the time I said to myself, "Don't get all heavy into this game." I listened to myself for about 2 months then started to collect 2 factions, Menoth and Khador. That little bit opened the door for more gaming to come flooding in. So now I boardgame, wargame, cardgame and hobbygame. I am pretty well obsessed and like to paint and read up on rules when I am not playing. As you can tell I have been in and out of the hobby for nearly 25 years. So this blog will hopefully chronicle my painting and playing in the realm of gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment